Browse by:


24 September, 2015.POSTES IN: Towns & Villages, Villages,TAGS:

Hobbys Yards

Hobbys Yards was named after Lieutenant Thomas Hobby, who served in the NSW Corps from 1797 to 1808.  He was second in command to Cos, building the road to Bathurst over the Blue Mountains in 1814-15.  Later he brought two small properties near Bathurst, one at the junction of Hobbys Creek with the Fish River and one at Reedy Creek.

The village contains two locally heritage listed buildings, the Uniting Church (formally the Presbyterian and its cemetery and the School built in 1881, now a private residence.

< older posts
newer posts >


Site Design © Copyright 2015 Sauce design