About this object1. Chromed metal post mortem saw, length 31cm, width 9cm, with curved blade with teeth. 'Boots Australia/Made in England' imprinted on neck of handle.
2. Metal round tipped knife. 'Boots Australia/Made in England' imprinted on neck of handle. length 33cm, width 2.5cm.
3. Chromed post mortem hammer with 'Made in England/Boots Australia Stainless Steel' imprinted along handle.
4-5. Two metal scalpels with 'Boots Australia/Made in England' imprinted on handles. On scalpel is 15.3cm length and the other 15cm length.
6-7. Two metal three hook, chain linked retractors. One retractor has three hooks, length is 5.5cm, and smaller retractor has hooks, length is 4cm, with only two hooks remaining.
8. Two pieces of metal rivetted in the centre, to allow the metal pieces to move. The ends of the metal pieces end in a sharp point, like an arrowhead.
Possibly for the measurement of internal organs 'Boots Australia/Made in England/Stainless Steel'.
9-10. head of a small silver metal chisel with 'Boots Australia/Made in England/Stainless Steel' imprinted on it near where it attaches to a handle.
Rounded distal end '2' imprinted on mortice, next to the triangular hole on the handle.
11. Metal chromed small post-mortem axe. No maker's name. length 21cm, 6.8cm width, 1.8cm depth.
12. Silver metal hollow tube with blunt distal end and slightly wider proximal end.
Length 17.2cm and .6cm width and depth.
13-14. Two tweezers, a small one with 'L. Segall/Germany' imprinted on it. The other 'Skidmore & Co. Ltd/Made in England' imprinted on internal surface on one side and 'Stainless' on the other.
15. A fitted sycamore wooden box with black leatherette material glued on base and with two hinges (metal) and a fitted metal locks.
Five small metal swinging tabs are attached to some of the fitted wooden blacks to hold instruments in place. In gold lettering on front rim of box is written 'Boots/Australia'.
16. Small metal key that operates lock.